This introductory mindfulness course will teach you how to manage stress, pain and strong emotions by letting go of the stories and judgments that tie us to the past, or make us fearful of the future. This workshop is for anyone who wants to live a happier, healthier and more purposeful life.
This course will be particularly useful if you:
- Experience stress and/or anxiety
- Have poor work-life balance
- Want to improve your creativity
- Struggle with chronic pain
- Feel stuck in painful past memories and negative thoughts
- Have decided to give up bad habits like smoking, drinking, over-eating
- Want to focus better at school, university or work
Mindfulness is focused, non-judgmental awareness. To be mindful is to live in the present with an open, compassionate and non-judgmental attitude. This approach allows us to develop greater clarity and perspective, which in turn empowers us to respond to difficulties appropriately and less reactively.
Science confirms that the practice of sitting and letting go of thoughts not only induces the body’s natural relaxation response, but can also shrink the brain’s stress centre, strengthen the immune system, weaken the expression of harmful genes, and increase your cancer-fighting cells by 50%
What you will learn:
- Why your body and brain respond to stress as they do and what to do about it
- How mindfulness can help you manage both physical and emotional pain, including strong anxiety and panic
- How to relax, sleep better and improve your brain’s capacity to focus and concentrate, making you more productive and creative at work and study
- How to befriend yourself with kindness and compassion, becoming your own best friend and letting go of unhelpful behaviours and self-judgments
- How to engage with positive emotions to enhance your optimism and happiness
What you will get:
- 8 hours of face-to-face guided tuition in the practice of mindfulness
- A download of our Two Volume Meditation Bundle valued at $39.95
- A free group meditation session valued at $20 after completion of the course
The course will take place in Bondi Junction on Sat 15 and Sun 16 February, 11:00am – 3:30pm each day.
Over the weekend we cover the four modules normally covered in the four week course, in a relaxed stress-free environment, with plenty of time for discussion and practice.