Are you struggling with life’s challenges and would value learning some coping skills? Perhaps you have a stressful job, a challenging relationship or a difficult health issue, or maybe there’s just too much going on in your life and you’re not sure how to find time to nurture yourself.
Judith Lissing will lead this introductory mindfulness course that will teach you how to manage stress and strong emotions by letting go of the stories and judgments that tie us to the past, or make us fearful of the future. This workshop is for anyone who wants to live a happier, healthier and more purposeful life.
This course will be particularly useful for:
- People with high levels of stress and anxiety
- Busy people with a poor work-life balance
- Teenagers and young adults wanting to learn how to focus better at school or university
- People who struggle with managing chronic illness and/or pain
- Artistic professionals wanting to improve their creativity
- Elderly people who find they’re focusing too much on the past
Mindfulness is focused, non-judgmental awareness. To be mindful is to live in the present with an open, compassionate and non-judgmental attitude. This approach allows us to develop greater clarity and perspective, which in turn empowers us to respond to difficulties appropriately and less reactively.
Science confirms that the practice of sitting and letting go of thoughts not only induces the body’s natural relaxation response, but can also shrink the brain’s stress centre, strengthen the immune system, weaken the expression of harmful genes, and increase your cancer-fighting cells by 50%
What you will learn:
- Why your body and brain respond to stress as they do and what to do about it
- How mindfulness can help you manage both physical and emotional pain, including strong anxiety and panic
- How to relax, sleep better and improve your brain’s capacity to focus and concentrate, making you more productive and creative at work and study
- How to befriend yourself with kindness and compassion, becoming your own best friend and letting go of unhelpful judgments of self and others
- How to engage with positive emotions to enhance your optimism and happiness
What you will get:
- 8 hours of face-to-face guided tuition in the practice of mindfulness
- A download of our Two Volume Meditation Bundle valued at $39.95
- A free group meditation session valued at $20 after completion of the course
The course will take place on Sat 15 and Sun 16 June, 11:30am – 4pm each day.
Over the weekend we cover the four modules normally covered in the four week course, in a relaxed stress-free environment, with plenty of time for discussion and practice.