Are you looking for coping skills to deal with life’s challenges? You may have a stressful job. a challenging relationship or a difficult health issue. Or maybe there’s just too much going on in your life right now and you’re feeling the strain.
This introductory Mindfulness course will teach you how to manage stress and strong emotions by letting go of the stories and judgments that tie us to the past, or make us fearful of the future.
Mindfulness is focused, non-judgmental awareness. To be mindful is to live in the present with an open, compassionate and non-judgmental attitude. This approach allows us to develop greater clarity and perspective, which in turn empowers us to respond to difficulties appropriately and less reactively.
Science confirms that the practice of sitting and letting go of thoughts not only induces the body’s natural relaxation response, but can also shrink the brain’s stress centre, strengthen the immune system, weaken the expression of harmful genes, and increase your cancer-fighting cells by 50%.
This is MCA’s signature Mindfulness course. Over four weeks you will be introduced you to both the theory and practice of Mindfulness. You will learn
- Why your body and brain respond to stress as they do and what to do about it
- How mindfulness can help you manage both physical and emotional pain, including strong anxiety and panic
- How to relax, sleep better and improve your brain’s capacity to focus and concentrate, making you more productive and creative at work and study
- How to befriend yourself with kindness and compassion, becoming your own best friend and letting go of unhelpful judgments of self and others
- How to engage with positive emotions to enhance your optimism and happiness
What you get:
- 8 hours of face-to-face guided tuition in the practice of mindfulness
- A download of our Two Volume Meditation Bundle valued at $39.95 from the Mind Coaching Australia Shop
- A free group meditation session valued at $20 after completion of the course
Please note date change:
This workshop is conducted over four Tuesday evenings in Double Bay on Feb 20, 27 and March 13, 20 from 6:30-8:30pm each week (note, there is no class on Mar 6).